2011 Camaro Convertible Pace Car
The first official task for the all-new 2011 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible before it hits the market is to pace the famous Indy500 race at the 100th anniversary of Chevrolet and the Indianapolis 500.
This special Camaro SS convertible in white with orange stripes and orange leather-trimmed interior evokes classic 1969 Camaro pace car model.
They will auction off the first unit of the total 50 they’re going to make for charity at Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale auction on Jan. 22. All the proceeds will go to David Foster Foundation, a charity devoted to supporting families with children in need of life-saving organ transplants.
All 50 of the Festival Committees cars will be SS convertible models fitted with the 2SS equipment package, offering the following standard features:
- Four-wheel disc brakes with Brembo four-piston calipers and hydraulic assist
- StabiliTrak electronic stability control
- Competitive/sport mode that enhances on-track performance
- Performance Launch Control (with the manual transmission) that optimizes hard-acceleration launches for quicker, more consistent performance
- Twenty-inch polished aluminum wheels and performance tires
- Head-up instrument display
- Center console with auxiliary gauge package.
Filed Under: News
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.