BMW Teams Up with TomTom
BMW announced a strategic partnership with the maker of finest navigation devices, TomTom. They are the best in business and BMW is going to integrate its GO LIVE navigation devices in selected models of BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, X1 and X3 cars.
A specially-designed mount attaches the five-inch touchscreen TomTom device onto the dashboard of the car. The device seamlessly integrates with BMW’s Car Entertainment System via the active dock. Navigation directions and hands-free phone calls will be given over the car’s speakers and temporarily mute any other audio sources to ensure navigation instructions as well as phone conversations are heard loud and clear.
Some of the features offered by this device include including HD Traffic and LIVE services.
TomTom press release:
The TomTom LIVE PND is available as an integrated solution in selected models of BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, X1 and X3. Drivers can visit their local BMW dealership to get the device fitted into their car. The integrated solution is available across Europe.
Features of the integrated navigation device include:
- Five-inch touchscreen display. Drivers can see more and drive easy with an XXL screen. Touchscreen technology provides the easiest operation.
- Seamless integration with the BMW Car Entertainment System. The navigation device uses the in-car speakers to deliver ultra high quality instructions. All other audio channels (radio, CD, etc.) are temporarily muted.
- LIVE Services. One year’s free LIVE Services for the best real-time information. This includes TomTom HD Traffic which gives drivers the quickest route through the jams. Search & Go services include TripAdvisor, Expedia, and Local Search with TomTom Places.
- IQ Routes. Using real travel information shared by millions of drivers, the service provides the best routes and arrival times at every time of day.
- Advanced Lane Guidance. Gives drivers extra clarity at difficult junctions.
- Hands-free calling via Bluetooth®. Drivers can make and answer phone calls safely while driving.
- Maps of 45 European countries.
- Access to MyTomTom. Drivers can update and manage their navigation device via MyTomTom. Amongst other updates, drivers can download free daily map corrections from the Map Share community.
Filed Under: News
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.