Chevrolet Sonic RS Price
Chevrolet revealed the pricing for the Rs version of the little Sonic (former Aveo) and at $20,995 it’s a bit steep for what the car offers. The six-speed automatic version is even pricier at $22,280.
The performance-inspired RS amplifies the Sonic’s youthful style and driving experience, with unique exterior and interior features. It is offered exclusively as a five-door hatchback that delivers generous rear-seat roominess and cargo space – up to 47.7 cubic feet (1,351 liters) with the rear seat folded. Sonic RS is powered by an Ecotec 1.4L turbo engine rated at 138 horsepower (103 kW) and 148 lb.-ft. (200 Nm) of torque.
It’s a good little car, sporty and fun, but in today’s marker 22 grand can buy you lots of other interesting machines, even a sports car! Still if you want a sporty American hatchback, this is a good choice.
Sonic RS details:
Sonic RS exterior features
The front fascia of the Sonic RS has a deep air dam design that enhances the car’s road-hugging stance. Vertical intakes at the edges of the fascia reinforce the wide, low proportion and house the fog lamps. Other features include:
- New RS-specific grille
- New rear fascia
- New rear spoiler
- New rocker moldings
- Bright exhaust outlet
- Unique 17-inch five-spoke wheel design
- Lowered and stiffened suspension with performance-tuned dampers
- RS badging
- A power, tilt-sliding sunroof with express-open and wind deflector feature is available.
Exterior colors include Victory Red, Summit White, Cyber Gray Metallic and Black Granite Metallic – a new, premium exterior color for 2013.
Sonic RS interior features
The performance theme continues into the cabin with a Jet Black interior exclusive to RS. Features include:
- Leather-appointed front bucket seats with sueded microfiber inserts and red RS accents
- New sport three-spoke, leather-wrapped steering wheel with contrasting stitching and racing-inspired flat-bottom design
- New, leather-wrapped shifter knob with red stitching (manual transmission)
- New aluminum sport pedals
- Specific instrument panel cluster graphics
- Standard Chevrolet MyLink.
MyLink is standard on Sonic RS and an AM/FM/SiriusXM Satellite Radio (with three months of service) stereo with seek-and-scan, digital clock, Bluetooth streaming audio for music and select phones, voice recognition for compatible phones and six-speakers.
Filed Under: News
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.