Peugeot RCZ Facelift
Paris Motor Show is going to be quite busy for Peugeot, as they are bringing along a great number of concept cars as well as production models.
One of the hottest production models is this, the new RCZ facelift. The magnificent French coupe gets a new face that is more grown up and elegant than before, but it loses none of its sporting charm. It adapts Peugeot’s new styling cues found on other models such as the new 208. For the interior changes are less substantial, but you do get improved quality materials and new trim and accents, going with the sporty theme of the car.
As for the engines, the range is unchanged, which means you get a 1.6 liter THP with 156 available with both manual and automatic gearbox, and a 2.0 liter diesel with 163 hp which is hugely economical, and the engine you should choose, which is a 200bhp 1.6 liter THP also found in the new 208 GTi.
More details in Peugeot press release below:
The new RCZ has many personalisation components:
- A new lacquered black grille bars option, instead of the standard satin chrome bars, to give this new RCZ a different face;
- Three roof arch colours: Aluminium, Sand or the new Matt Black;
- A new ‘Black Pack’ groups together the new Matt Black arches and black grille bars with black brake callipers, and black exterior mirrors ? components which are all also available separately;
– Three new types of bodywork Decals: a wide gloss black central stripe crossing the vehicle, grey and red lateral stripes on the body sills bearing the word ‘RCZ’, a silver grey off-set stripe crossing the vehicle from front to back;
– Two Carbon Roof options with a Matt or Satin finish;
– Ten alloy wheel designs, including two new designs:
- Sport model has 18″ wheels and are available in three colours; Classic (standard), Dark Grey (two-tone diamond/dark grey) or Full Pirit Grey (mid grey);
- 19″ Sortilège wheels (GT models) are available in three colours; Classic, Midnight Silver (dark grey) and Matt Black Onyx;
- 19″ Solstice wheels are available in two colours, Anthra Grey (two-tone diamond/dark grey) or Matt Black Onyx (two-tone diamond/black)
- Two new 19″ alloy wheel designs, Technical, two-tone diamond, modern and sculptural, available in two colours Grey (dark grey) and Héphaïs (mid grey)
– A Sports Pack, standard on the Sport and GT with the THP 200 petrol engine, includes a smaller diameter steering wheel, a shorter-throw gear lever and the ‘Sound System’ feature (available as an option on the THP 156 manual model).
Colours and trims
The range of colours consists of eight options, two of which are new; to the Opal White, Pearlescent White, Nera Black, Mercury Grey, Charcoal Grey and Dolphin Blue, are added new colours: Bistre and Moroccan Red.
Dynamic emotion and efficiency
With controlled weight, carefully designed aerodynamics and modern engine technology, the RCZ has established itself as an innovative mix of performance but with respect for the environment.
Modern and ecological engines
Its range of efficient engines, as regards both performance (generous torque and power) and consumption and emissions of CO2, is carried forward:
1.6-litre THP 200;
– 147kW (200bhp) Euro 5, 275Nm, 6-speed manual – CO2: 155g/km and 42.1mpg
2.0-litre HDi 163 FAP;
– 120kW (163bhp) Euro 5, 340Nm, 6-speed manual – CO2: 139g/km and 53.2mpg
1.6-litre THP 156 manual;
– 115kW (156bhp) Euro 5, 240Nm, 6-speed manual – CO2: 149g/km and 44.1mpg
1.6-litre THP 156 automatic;
– 115kW (156bhp) Euro 5, 240Nm, 6-speed automatic – CO2: 168g/km and 38.6mpg
Driving sensations and precision
Expressing all of Peugeot’s expertise in terms of road holding, the RCZ takes the requirement of driving with precision and obtaining sensations to the highest level for the Marque, to intensify all of the driver’s senses.
It benefits from tuned suspension and wheels originating from Platform Two (pseudo MacPherson front suspension, rear suspension with a deformable cross-member).
Increasing the effectiveness of this assembly, it has a particularly low ride height and centre of gravity, widened track and generous tyre choice (18″ or 19″ wheels).
The active rear aero spoiler also contributes to this performance, deployed in two positions according to the speed of the vehicle to ensure aerodynamics and stability.
Finally, when the RCZ is fitted with the THP 200 engine the front suspension incorporates bigger hubs and a special lower bracing bar to enhance road handling, making it more agile and aiding cornering stability.
Sound System technology
The ‘acoustic signature of the engine’ has also been enhanced aided by ‘Sound System’ technology (standard on the Sport THP 156 manual, and Sport and GT models with the THP 200 petrol engine models). It amplifies the characteristic sound of the engine through a controlled diaphragm that resonates and the vibration noise is louder as the revs of the engine rise during acceleration, while being less pronounced with more regular driving.
New standard or optional equipment
The new RCZ is now fitted as standard, with an acoustic windscreen and a Visibility Pack consisting of automatic wipers, automatic headlamps, electrochromatic interior mirror, guide-me-home lighting and approach lighting on unlocking.
Audio and Sat Nav options on RCZ are enhanced with the availability of Peugeot Connect Navigation (RT6). First introduced on 508, it incorporates:
- navigation with large 7″ screen (WVGA high resolution 800 x 480 pixels) offering a perspective view mode and a European map (stored in the internal memory);
- a CD player on the control panel, MP3 compatible;
- a three-tuner radio with two aerials, reception of RDS-TMC traffic info (TrafficMaster in the United Kingdom);
- a Bluetooth® connection for the hands-free telephone function and audio streaming;
- a Jack and USB socket in the central armrest.
Another innovation offered on the RCZ, the RT6 system now incorporates the Arkamys© software which processes the digital audio signal to recreate a natural sound stage. The quality of the sound no longer suffers from the restrictions of the location of the speakers in the doors (which often results in sounds in the lower side areas): the instruments and voices are more harmoniously positioned in the space, facing the occupants, at windscreen level. This system also provides the option of directing the sound for the driver only or for all the passengers.
Filed Under: News
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.