Buick Regal GS Officially Revealed
GM dropped first official pictures and details of the new high performance variant of the Buick Regal, badged as the GS.
This car is the American version of what in Europe people now as Opel or Vauxhall Insignia, OPC or VXR! And it gets the same engine and the same sort of exterior and interior upgrades.
To be unveiled at the Los Angeles Autoshow this month, the Regal GS is powered by an Ecotec 2.0L turbocharged and intercooled engine rated at an estimated 255 horsepower (190 kW) and 295 lb-ft of torque (400 Nm), mated to Six-speed manual transmission, with six-speed automatic with Driver Shift Control to be offered later.
It also gets a new innovative system called Interactive Drive Control System with GS mode. It allows drivers to customize the driving experience by changing the suspension settings and steering sensitivity between three modes: standard, sport and GS.
Other features include Four-wheel independent system with HiPerStrut front suspension, High-performance four-wheel disc brake system with Brembo front calipers, Standard 19-inch, 5-Twin Spoke alloy wheels and all-season tire and optional 20-inch, 5-Twin Spoke polished alloy wheels with performance tires.
Standard amenities for the Regal GS include:
• Passive keyless entry with push-button start
• Standard XM Satellite Radio with three-month trial service
• Harmon/Kardon premium 320-watt sound system with nine speakers
• Bluetooth phone connectivity
• Leather-wrapped flat-bottom steering wheel with audio controls
• Leather-appointed sport seating
• Heated driver and front passenger seats, with 12-way adjustable driver and front passenger seats – including four-way lumbar adjustment
• 120-volt accessory power outlet
• Power windows with express up/down feature in the front and express down in the rear.
• Front and rear ultrasonic parking assist
• Bi-xenon HID headlamps.
Filed Under: News
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.